Have you recently lost your job? Are you suffering from anxiety or depression? Do you have a disability or mental health condition?
At AimBig Employment we connect people seeking sustainable and meaningful work with the right employers. We strongly value diversity and inclusion through our commitment to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
We have a great opportunity for a Truck Driver around Newcastle and surrounding areas.
Some of what you’ll get up to in the role:
- Transporting goods and materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centres
- Manoeuvring vehicles into position for loading and unloading
- Loading and unloading vehicles using lifting and tipping devices
- Observing safety requirements when loading and unloading vehicles
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Ensuring goods are stowed and securely covered to prevent loss and damage
- Verifying loading documents, checking condition of goods and obtaining certification of deliveries
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience as truck driver
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility in work shift and schedule
- Willing to submit background checks, provide employment recommendations, etc.
For AimBig Employment, helping people is our number one priority. Whether it’s a physical (musculoskeletal) injury, a mental health issue, a disability or a health condition, our speciality is you and your capacity to work. That’s why we look at the whole ‘you’ to help you back to work in a job that’s right for you.
Take the first step into a great job today – APPLY NOW to let us help you on your journey to meaningful work!
For application enquiries, you may call 1300 346 555Apply Now