We have a great opportunity for a Professional Presser in Regents Park.
We are advertising this position on behalf of a great business that values diversity and inclusion, and is looking to hire people with a disability or mental health condition.
If this sounds like you then apply now!
About the Role:
- Operate pressing machines, which include both hydraulic and steam devices, to remove wrinkles from pants, shirts, coats, gowns, and a variety of other articles to shape them appropriately.
- Remove a finished article of clothing from the pressing machine and hang properly to allow article to cool and retain its shape.
- Package finished coats and dresses, and tag according to company guidelines so that they are ready for customer pick up.
- Use hand iron to finish off certain pieces that need a final touch to remove any discrepancies in the fabric.
- Position finished materials on the overhead system and retrieve items when a customer comes to pick up something.
- Clean pressing machines at the end of every shift, using company-provided lubricants and cleaning solutions to ensure they are ready for the next day.
- Apply finishing touches to certain pieces of clothing depending on the material, such as placing velvet items under the hot head press.
- Smooth out clothes by moistening them with a light application of water before pressing.
- Undertake other duties which may arise or as may be delegated from time to time.
- Strong attention to detail, punctual and great work ethic
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time
- Willingness to learn since training will be provided
- Able to pass a drug test
- Great communication skills (Vietnamese speaking would be advantage)
For AimBig Employment, helping people is our number one priority. Whether it’s a physical (musculoskeletal) injury, a mental health issue, a disability or a health condition, our speciality is you and your capacity to work. That’s why we look at the whole ‘you’ to help you back to work in a job that’s right for you.
Take the first step into a great job today – APPLY NOW to let us help you on your journey to meaningful work!
For application enquiries, you may call 1300 346 555.Apply Now