Have you recently lost your job? Are you suffering from anxiety or depression? Do you have a disability or mental health condition?
At AimBig Employment we connect people seeking sustainable and meaningful work with the right employers. We strongly value diversity and inclusion through our commitment to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
We have a great opportunity for a General Services Officer around the Gold Coast and surrounding areas.
Some of what you’ll get up to in the role:
- Provide friendly, compassionate support to the elderly by helping with daily living, personal care and hygiene. Typical duties include showering, dressing and eating.
- Tidying and cleaning, including sanitising activities.
- Engaging with family members to offer observations, instructions and updates.
- Assisting with mobility, providing transport to and from medical appointment and light physiotherapy exercises.
- Providing social support, such as escorting the client on outings to cafes, shops and going on excursions.
- Following health and safety guidelines.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience working in a residential care facility is a plus
- Previous nursing experience is highly regarded
- First Aid and CPR skills is desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both residents and staff
- Responsible, supportive and caring attitude
- Current and valid driver’s license required
- Food Handlers Permit (or willingness to obtain one) required
For AimBig Employment, helping people is our number one priority. Whether it’s a physical (musculoskeletal) injury, a mental health issue, a disability or a health condition, our speciality is you and your capacity to work. That’s why we look at the whole ‘you’ to help you back to work in a job that’s right for you.
Take the first step into a great job today – APPLY NOW to let us help you on your journey to meaningful work!
For application enquiries, you may call 1300 346 555Apply Now