We have a great opportunity for a Clothing Presser in Fairfield.
We are advertising this position on behalf of a great business that values diversity and inclusion, and is looking to hire someone with a disability or mental health condition.
If this sounds like you then apply now!
About the Role:
- Check garments and linen in order to see any problems with laundering
- Provide feedback regarding problems to the supervisor
- Straighten clothes that need to be pressed
- Figure out what heat clothes should be pressed on, depending on the cloth
- Check labels to determine any special instructions
- Set up and calibrate pressing machines
- Feed clothes into machines and set dials and gauges
- Follow instructions on hand-ironing clothes
- Fold as well as pack pressed clothes into re-sealable bags
- Hang clothes on hangers and tag them according to provided instructions
- Interact with customers in order to determine pick-up orders
- Search for orders according to receipt numbers and hand them over to customers
- Receive clothes to be pressed such as dresses, coats, and linen
- Issue receipts against clothes to customers
- Clean and maintain pressing machines and hot and steam irons on a regular basis
- Apply finishing touches to clothes pressed in machines, by using hand or steam irons
- Smooth out clothes by spraying water on them
- Apply materials like starch and softeners before ironing some clothes
- Adjust the temperature of irons and ironing machines
- Oversee inventory of supplies such as spray bottles, starch powder, and fabric softeners
- Assist in performing the pre and post treatment of stains on clothes and linen
- Relevant experience is highly preferred
- Good customer service skills and communication skills
- Physically fit and able to carry out duties
- Vietnamese speaking is an advantage (but not required)
For AimBig Employment, helping people is our number one priority. Whether it’s a physical (musculoskeletal) injury, a mental health issue, a disability or a health condition, our speciality is you and your capacity to work. That’s why we look at the whole ‘you’ to help you back to work in a job that’s right for you.
Take the first step into a great job today – APPLY NOW to let us help you on your journey to meaningful work!
For application enquiries, you may call 1300 346 555.Apply Now