Finding A Job You Love In The New Year
It’s a New Year and for some people that means a new start – and possibly a new job.
If you’re looking for work, AimBig Employment can not only support you to find a position that is right for you through our job vacancies board, we can support you in other ways.
Our services include support for resume writing and job applications, and practicing and improving your interview skills. We arm you with the tools and confidence needed to secure the job you want, and which works for your needs.
We also offer support once you start work, and have links with a wide range of employers who are keen to employ people living with a disability.
What you need to start looking for a job:
AimBig Employment is about more than just finding people jobs. We have more than 20 years of experience in disability employment, with a proven track record of supporting people with a disability – and the people who employ them – to sustain long-lasting, meaningful working lives.
If you are about to start a job hunt, contact us to see how we can assist you.
You can also check out our job vacancies page to see what types of jobs might be of interest to you.
Where else can I look for a job I might like?
Whether you are looking for a job for the first time, or looking to change fields, knowing what might suit you – and your abilities – can be hard. There is a wide array of jobs available.
Some ideas on how to research job opportunities include:
- Ask your friends and family: They know you and what you’re good at, and they may also know someone who is looking to hire – and a personal recommendation to an employer can be a real bonus.
- Contact employers: You can find out more about what roles are available, and whether they will suit you, by contacting a business directly. Even if they don’t have something suitable, they might just be interested in creating the right position for the right person.
- Go to a jobs expo: These are fabulous opportunities to find out more about lots of roles and areas of work.
- Job boards: You can use these online platforms to search for jobs by location, salary and keywords. As well as AimBig Employment’s job board, we also recommend Seek, Jora, Adzuna, the government’s site JobActive, CareerOne, Indeed and LinkedIn. These portals can also support you to find out what sorts of jobs are in demand to give you a greater chance of finding work.
- Social media: You can also search for work opportunities through your social media channels.
If you’re looking to enter the workforce for the first time, or re-entering after an absence – or even changing career paths – and need to improve your skills, AimBig also offers a SkillRestart program which can support bring you up to speed in this digital world.
Our team of employment specialists work with each person to determine their individual abilities and needs. We ask what jobs appeal to them, to find not just any job but the right job for them.