10 pieces of advice to my 25-year-old self
I was always taught to live a life free of regrets. It is important however, to reflect on lessons learned from your experiences both personally and professionally.
Marcella Romeo, aged 25.
Here’s what I’d say to my 25-year-old self.
- Congratulations on choosing Occupational Therapy as your chosen profession. I know you weren’t sure about this career path – but, you have chosen well.
- You will have challenges along the way but, continue to work hard because I can guarantee you, that the best is yet to come.
- Never have regrets because although you will fail (and you will), let this be a lesson to you. It’s important that you pick yourself up, retrace your steps, look at what went well and what when wrong, and learn from your mistakes.
- Entrepreneur is not a word that you will be overly familiar with but, you will.
- Be curious, ask a lot of questions and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Remain grounded, always be respectful and stay connected with people, this will be one of your strongest traits as a leader.
- Never settle for ordinary, put in that bit extra and be ‘extraordinary’.
- Always keep family and loved ones close to you.
- Continue your passion, commitment and if you dream it, you can do it!
- Reach for the stars and no matter what you do in life – be proud!
AimBig Employment for 20 years has helped people like you around Australia to gain and maintain meaningful employment
Richard started with the AimBig Employment Inverell Office not long ago and has completed a Certificate III in Warehousing Operations. In the initial consultations with his Job Coach, Therese Astridge, she spent time with him getting to truly understand him and his situation and ascertaining what jobs he wanted to do. Out of that […]
Across the nation for AimBig Employment, our specialised teams are focused on building mutually beneficial, lasting relationships between employers and job seekers. An employer that we have seen a successful partnership with is Top End Consulting, a leading provider of recruitment and labour hire throughout the Northern Territory and North Queensland. Top End Consulting took […]
A key part of supporting people with disability is helping them work towards their goals, whether its individual, employment or financial. A client that came to us in hopes of achieving all of these is Christopher. Christopher suffers from Cerebral Palsy and has an Intellectual Disability, whereby he came to us with hopes of finding […]