10 pieces of advice to my 25-year-old self
I was always taught to live a life free of regrets. It is important however, to reflect on lessons learned from your experiences both personally and professionally.
Marcella Romeo, aged 25.
Here’s what I’d say to my 25-year-old self.
- Congratulations on choosing Occupational Therapy as your chosen profession. I know you weren’t sure about this career path – but, you have chosen well.
- You will have challenges along the way but, continue to work hard because I can guarantee you, that the best is yet to come.
- Never have regrets because although you will fail (and you will), let this be a lesson to you. It’s important that you pick yourself up, retrace your steps, look at what went well and what when wrong, and learn from your mistakes.
- Entrepreneur is not a word that you will be overly familiar with but, you will.
- Be curious, ask a lot of questions and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Remain grounded, always be respectful and stay connected with people, this will be one of your strongest traits as a leader.
- Never settle for ordinary, put in that bit extra and be ‘extraordinary’.
- Always keep family and loved ones close to you.
- Continue your passion, commitment and if you dream it, you can do it!
- Reach for the stars and no matter what you do in life – be proud!
AimBig Employment for 20 years has helped people like you around Australia to gain and maintain meaningful employment
When an individual becomes injured, they often believe they will return to their life as normal once they recover. However, this is not the case for many people who endure serious injuries, especially when wanting to return to work. At AimBig Employment, we help thousands of Australians reassess what returning to work looks like, and […]
As a provider of disability employment services all across Australia, we have supported people from all walks of life in overcoming their employment barriers. For CALD participants without the proper supports, the job seeking process can feel difficult, as they are faced with language and cultural barriers. CALD is an acronym for culturally and linguistically […]
Every job seekers path to employment looks different. There is no cookie cutter approach when it comes to helping unique individuals with passions and career goals to find employment that works for them. That’s why at AimBig, we put the individual first. We centre the job search around your interests and support you in finding […]