10 pieces of advice to my 25-year-old self
I was always taught to live a life free of regrets. It is important however, to reflect on lessons learned from your experiences both personally and professionally.
Marcella Romeo, aged 25.
Here’s what I’d say to my 25-year-old self.
- Congratulations on choosing Occupational Therapy as your chosen profession. I know you weren’t sure about this career path – but, you have chosen well.
- You will have challenges along the way but, continue to work hard because I can guarantee you, that the best is yet to come.
- Never have regrets because although you will fail (and you will), let this be a lesson to you. It’s important that you pick yourself up, retrace your steps, look at what went well and what when wrong, and learn from your mistakes.
- Entrepreneur is not a word that you will be overly familiar with but, you will.
- Be curious, ask a lot of questions and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Remain grounded, always be respectful and stay connected with people, this will be one of your strongest traits as a leader.
- Never settle for ordinary, put in that bit extra and be ‘extraordinary’.
- Always keep family and loved ones close to you.
- Continue your passion, commitment and if you dream it, you can do it!
- Reach for the stars and no matter what you do in life – be proud!
AimBig Employment for 20 years has helped people like you around Australia to gain and maintain meaningful employment
- Barista Jacqueline Overcomes Barriers to Employment with AimBig
- MyDirection Bridging Industry Gap for Improved Wellbeing
- AimBig Employment’s General Manager Terry Wilson speaks to Simon Marnie on ABC Saturday Breakfast
- Best Place To Work – AimBig Employment (As Part of Arriba Group)
- Launch of Pilot Program Skill Restart
For the 1 in every 5 Australians that suffer from mental illness, it can be hard to complete everyday tasks and maintain activities that are part of daily living. On top of this, the stress of finding and maintaining employment can contribute to a negative state of mind and reduced confidence, leaving a large amount […]
AimBig Employment’s General Manager Terry Wilson speaks to Simon Marnie on ABC Saturday Breakfast (1st May 2021). More details about our SkillRestart programs below: For Participants: https://www.aimbigemployment.com.au/skillrestart/ For Employers: https://www.aimbigemployment.com.au/skillrestart-program/
The most recent review into Australia’s retirement income system found that almost 20% of Australians between the ages of 55 and 64 were receiving either JobSeeker, the Carer Payment or the Disability Support Pension. It also highlighted that it usually took much longer for older Australians to find a new job than younger job seekers, […]