10 pieces of advice to my 25-year-old self
I was always taught to live a life free of regrets. It is important however, to reflect on lessons learned from your experiences both personally and professionally.
Marcella Romeo, aged 25.
Here’s what I’d say to my 25-year-old self.
- Congratulations on choosing Occupational Therapy as your chosen profession. I know you weren’t sure about this career path – but, you have chosen well.
- You will have challenges along the way but, continue to work hard because I can guarantee you, that the best is yet to come.
- Never have regrets because although you will fail (and you will), let this be a lesson to you. It’s important that you pick yourself up, retrace your steps, look at what went well and what when wrong, and learn from your mistakes.
- Entrepreneur is not a word that you will be overly familiar with but, you will.
- Be curious, ask a lot of questions and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Remain grounded, always be respectful and stay connected with people, this will be one of your strongest traits as a leader.
- Never settle for ordinary, put in that bit extra and be ‘extraordinary’.
- Always keep family and loved ones close to you.
- Continue your passion, commitment and if you dream it, you can do it!
- Reach for the stars and no matter what you do in life – be proud!
AimBig Employment for 20 years has helped people like you around Australia to gain and maintain meaningful employment
AimBig Employment recently spoke to SBS News about the effect COVID has had on jobs for people with disability. Our General Manager, Terry Wilson, spoke positivity about the emergence of new job opportunities for people with disability during the pandemic. With restrictions easing across the states, AimBig has seen a surge in demand for […]
With many stores currently recruiting for Christmas Casuals, now is the perfect time to think about securing casual work as it can be a major boost for your resume. Christmas casual positions begin to fill throughout November, so now is the time to get job-ready with AimBig. Working over this period can teach you many valuable things […]
As restriction ease, many Australians are eager to return to their pre-COVID lifestyles and a key aspect in this is ensuring social distancing is maintained. It is now a requirement for many businesses to have a COVID Marshal, particularly in places like gyms. AimBig has seen a surge in demand for COVID Marshal creating many […]