10 pieces of advice to my 25-year-old self
I was always taught to live a life free of regrets. It is important however, to reflect on lessons learned from your experiences both personally and professionally.
Marcella Romeo, aged 25.
Here’s what I’d say to my 25-year-old self.
- Congratulations on choosing Occupational Therapy as your chosen profession. I know you weren’t sure about this career path – but, you have chosen well.
- You will have challenges along the way but, continue to work hard because I can guarantee you, that the best is yet to come.
- Never have regrets because although you will fail (and you will), let this be a lesson to you. It’s important that you pick yourself up, retrace your steps, look at what went well and what when wrong, and learn from your mistakes.
- Entrepreneur is not a word that you will be overly familiar with but, you will.
- Be curious, ask a lot of questions and continue to challenge the status quo.
- Remain grounded, always be respectful and stay connected with people, this will be one of your strongest traits as a leader.
- Never settle for ordinary, put in that bit extra and be ‘extraordinary’.
- Always keep family and loved ones close to you.
- Continue your passion, commitment and if you dream it, you can do it!
- Reach for the stars and no matter what you do in life – be proud!
AimBig Employment for 20 years has helped people like you around Australia to gain and maintain meaningful employment
- AimBig Employment has done it again! We are the highest rated DES provider for the second quarter in a row.
- Business Has Changed – but Our Doors Are Still Open
- Daniel Thought He’d Never Work Again After His Accident
- Using Lockdown Time for Training and Education
- AimBig Employment Success Story | Kane
AimBig Employment has done it again! We are the highest rated DES provider for the second quarter in a row.
AimBig Employment is excited to announce that, for the second quarter in a row, we are the highest-rated Disability Employment Services (DES) contract provider in Australia! These results are according to the latest DES Star Ratings.
Harry King is a Regional Manager with AimBig Employment. We caught up with him earlier this week to understand how the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has changed the way we’re doing business.
After a few sessions with his AimBig consultant, Therese, Daniel started to feel comfortable about sharing how much he was struggling. Therese really understood Daniel’s challenges and initially focussed on building his confidence and people skills through one on one sessions.